Thursday, February 22, 2007

Glens Falls Police Do It Again

So how many people think that the glens falls police department is actually a real police department? Raise your hands. Ok so no one raised their hands, good. That proves my point. And this article in Today's Post Star further proves my point. (I can't link to the article because the link is broken)

Thursday February 22, 2007 - B3
Morning Briefing (whatever the hell that means)

Police: Glens Falls Man hit girlfriend with beer bottle during argument about phone

Apparently Jarod M. Wilcox, 25, of 31 Union St., was charged with 2nd degree assault and 3rd degree criminal possession of a weapon, both felonies?, for allegedly hitting his girlfriend on the elbow with a beer bottle. Ow! I bet that left a black and blue mark.

But since when is a beer bottle a weapon? He didn't even break it and try to stab her with it, just whacked her on the elbow, (Ow! I feel her pain, I really do), because apparently she was looking over his address book and/or his list of incoming or outgoing calls on his cell phone, probably looking for possible potential girlfriends of his. According to Capt. Kevin Conine, she was looking through "electronic information" in his cell phone. Ok, whatever you say, Capt. Kevin, but we all know how women are, and we know what she was looking for, and she might have even deserved to be whacked by the beer bottle, for all we know. But then at the bottom of the article, almost as an afterthought, Capt. Kevin said, "He was also accused of striking and choking her."

Now I may not have all the facts in this case, and I may not be the most intelligent man in the world, but I think this is where the felony lies. Now it doesn't say where Jarod struck her, but doesn't choking someone count as attempted murder? Yes, in my book it does, you don't just choke someone for the hell of it, when you choke someone you're trying to strangle that person, so in my opinion herein lies the felony charge, not a little whack on the arm with a beer bottle. And why would the judge go along with this felony beer bottle whacking charge anyway? Makes you wonder doesn't it.

So what lesson have we learned here today? Well let me ask you this, If a crime is committed against you or someone else in Glens Falls who do you call:

The State Police
The Warren County Sheriffs
or The Keystone Cops The Glens Falls Police

I'll let you decide. But I know who I'm calling.

0 comments: