Friday, March 02, 2007

Sorry, False Alarm, Evacuation Of Glens Falls Cancelled

Ok so maybe my command to evacuate Glens Falls yesterday was a bit premature. But do you really need an excuse to leave Glens Falls? I mean even if you do need an excuse to leave good old hometown USA, at the first mention of a severe weather alert, you should be packing up all your belongings and heading south, but most people would never do that. They'd literally have to be dragged from their homes kicking and screaming, some of them, even if there was no heat, and their roof had collapsed, and they were having a heart attack from shoveling snow out of their living rooms, would simply refuse to leave.

Why? I'm not sure, but I've always tried to remain mobile, ready to pick up and move at a moments notice. I may have stayed too long in the Glens Falls area, and can't seem to find a legitimate reason why I should relocate. But at the first mention of a Severe Weather Alert, with massive amounts of life threatening white stuff, (no not cocaine), I'm talking about snow, is enough reason for me to leave, I don't need to be told to evacuate. I issue my own command to evacuate, and I evacuate! Heading for points down south, the further south the better, the further from Glens Falls, the better.

But alas I didn't go. Why? Because I knew there was no mass quantities of snow on the way. I fell back on my weather prediction skills from 20 years ago that I learned when I was 13 years old. And my weather predicting instinct told me that since the high temperature for today was predicted to be around 40 degrees, well above the freezing point of 32 degrees, that there could not be any snow, only rain.

But in order to save face, and say ,"Snow?, What Snow? We never predicted any snow?", some of the weathermen have decided to delete some of their hasty weather predictions from their blogs, like Noah Francis, who had this entry on his blog, this is a screen capture as the original post, is no longer findable:



Apparently 3-6 inches is expected for Glens Falls, NOT!

Well weather forecasters you've let me down again. Couldn't you people just give us a hurricane or a flood or a tornado, or something with enough life threatening potential to make me pack up and leave this toddling town far behind? Maybe next time.

0 comments: