Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Shamrock Shake Recipe

I had said that there were No Shamrock Shakes in Glens Falls, and technically that is true, simply because there is no McDonald's here in Glens Falls, but as I was ordering in a nearby McDonald's, I happened to notice that the Shamrock Shake was on the menu. They didn't make any effort to advertise these things this year, I guess they just naturally assumed that people would know about them. Not! I forgot all about them, until I saw a video about them.

Poor advertising on McDonald's part. But what I'm leading up to is this. If you've never tried a Shamrock Shake before, or are simply craving one, the recipe is really simple. I found this copycat recipe.

For one serving:

1 cup vanilla ice cream or soy ice cream
5/8 cup 2% low-fat milk or soy milk
1/8 teaspoon mint extract
4 drops green food coloring

But I've simplified the recipe even further, by using 1 cup of of mint ice cream, and 5/8 cup of milk. And that's it. It's mint flavored and green colored already.

So screw McDonald's and just make the shake yourself. And enjoy it anytime of year, not just on Saint Patrick's Day.




0 comments: