Wednesday, May 23, 2007

For those who don't get it...

This is all a joke man, more or less. It's like someone coming up to you each day and asking, "What's going on in Glens Falls today?" And you respond by saying,"...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....nothing. The same thing that went on yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, nothing. This is the town all about nothing. So I said let's go with that, and make a blog about Glens Falls, a blog about nothing. But there is something there, there's people, there's buildings, there's parks, but it all adds up to one thing, nothing.

If you still don't get it, I feel sorry for you. So the next time someone asks you what's going on in Glens Falls you'll know what to say,"...ummmmmmmmmmmmm.......

NOTHING!

And yesterday I happened to stop into the Salvation Army for the FREE meal, you get what you pay for, and I spotted a Post Star reporter apparently talking about housing issues. There were a couple people she talked to who actually had legitimate housing issues, but a few others, who shall remain nameless except for their first names, Steve and Dale, just like to talk, and just want someone, anyone, to listen to them as they ramble on incessantly about nothing, and hopefully feel sorry for them. Get real. I think the reporter could easily sniff out the BS, because there was no article printed about it in the Post Star today.

I think immediately upon exiting the Salvation Army the reporter tore out the pages from her notebook and went back to her editor and said, "Sorry but there are no housing issues in Glens Falls, just a bunch of people with sob stories who want someone who hasn't heard it all before, to listen to their story and feel sorry for them, and maybe slip them a few bucks."

Stories such as, "I've spent all my money on beer and cigarettes and getting high and didn't pay my rent this month, and now they want to evict me, can you believe that? Please feel sorry for me ma'am."

Or this classic, "I got hurt years ago, and I can't work, and they are cutting off my disability, and I'm about to lose my house. Even though I work under the table, 7 days a week and collect cans and bottles, I still have no money, Please feel sorry for me."

Or, "I have a fat live in girlfriend, and even though we feed our faces at the soup kitchen everyday, all our money is still spent on feeding her and going out to Burger King and Pizza Hut and McDonald's and Wendy's and Dunkin Donts and the Submarine Shop everyday, and of course I have to buy her stuff like a DVD player and DVD's and big screen tv set, and video games, and I don't have enough money left over to pay rent, please feel sorry for us."

It all amounts to a big fat load of nothing.

So...."Here's a free complimentary box of tissues because we sympathize with all your housing issues."


Technorati Tags:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. That pretty much sums up GF.